Thursday, April 12, 2007

Daylar and Sam Chai

Dayla is pretty as sunshine and is the smartest kid in my class. She always understands everything that teachers said in the class while most of us are busy playing around. Obviously she scored top of our class. She got better job, better paid than most us, drives an expensive car, lived in a fancy neighbourhood, eats sushi for breakfast, wears designer clothes and even her pet, Fancy go to cat manicure and spa once a month. Ok I should stop exaggerating.

After school, I still contact her once in a while. Just to know how she’s doing. When I found out she’s not married yet, ‘the Busy Body Me’ introduced her to my friend, Sam Chai. Well, actually I’ve been in a complicated relationship with Sam Chai for almost a year and our relationship is not going anywhere. But, Dayla didn’t know this and I try to keep it as a secret. I'm still wondering whether I've done the right thing or not by not telling her about our past. My only consolation is by thinking, 'its the future that counts, not the past'. Besides, it’s not like I’m dumping Sam Chai and she’s not a dumpster. However, people might see it that way.

Well, you see, Sam Chai is a polish guy; he’s out of my league. I don’t even understand why he dated me. He got strict table manner while I cannot sit properly after five minutes, I got restless and I also suffered from TTM that is Terrible Table Manners as well. He read thick books by fancy author while I read gossip column. He didn’t even approve the clothes that I’m wearing.
So, when I know Dayla is not seeing anyone special, I introduced her to Sam Chai. She fall in love immediately and I stopped seeing Sam Chai. I honestly think that they suited each other perfectly. They both are very smart, read thick books, eat in a fancy restaurants, listens to the same kind of music… well, the list is endless.

A year after that, I got a text massages from Dayla that Sam Chai has been ignoring her one too many times and when she asked for a break up, he just said ok. What??! I immediately contacted Sam Chai and he just affirmed what Dayla said.

Sam Chai said he cannot get over me. What?? He missed laughing at my antics (I asked him why people always said crab? Why didn't they say lamb or oyster? LOL… its crap, not crab dear, he explained), he missed quarrelling over what movie to watch or music to listen to… etc. I told him my life is not perfect as his… he said he didn’t care. When he said he didn’t care, I thought, gosh! He really thought his life is perfect!!

After this whole mess, Dayla finally found out about my old complicated relationship with Sam Chai and she retaliates badly. Maybe she thought I purposely introduce Sam Chai to her knowingly anticipate that their relationship wouldn't last. Because Sam Chai was indeed one complicated guy.

Now, I'm in some kind of complicated relationship with Dayla. I wish I can turn back the time but at the same time I am grateful because it is really a good lesson for me, a reminder that i should sit quietly and do nothing instead of trying to be good and mess things up again and again.

But I am being me, I will always do that.
I will always be a bad person doing bad things no matter what my real intention is.

No comments: